Our club was founded in 1935 by a sporting goods store owner, Gus Portman, and fellow hunters Joe Cook, Harold Doubet, Glen Travis and Bill Keenan, who leased land along the Illinois River from the Peoria Water Works. The club grew from one skeet field to four skeet fields and one trap field in the 40’s.
The present Spring Bay site was purchased in the early 1960’s and the first registered trap shoot was held at the new facility in 1964.
We are here for you
- To encourage and promote the shooting of clay targets in the sport of skeet and trap
- To provide and maintain grounds and facilities for members and public to engage in the sport of skeet and trap shooting
- To encourage and promote a social atmosphere with clean sportsmanship, friendly competition and goodwill
- To provide instruction to members and public in the safe handling and use of shotguns
- To develop a desire among all to share and grow our sport with others – encouraging others to join the fun
Peoria Skeet and Trap Club, Inc is a 501(c)(7) Tax Exempt Organization. In compliance with federal regualtions, annual Federal Tax 990 Forms have been filed with the IRS and are available for public inspection. Contact the club treasurer for viewing information.